Frequently Asked Questions
How much weight will I lose?
The amount of weight lost depends on a number of factors including starting weight, activity levels, compliance with the program etc. As a guide from the over 14000 members who have done this program, it is expected that if the program is followed conscientiously you should see at least a 5% reduction in your starting weight by the end of week 6 and be approaching an 8% reduction by the end of the program. However success relies on consistency and perseverance and the exact amount of weight lost varies between participants.
There are numerous ways of assessing the benefit of your Healthy Weight for Life™ program - you may be surprised to know that measuring your body weight is only one of them.
Some of the other ways you can assess the benefit of your healthy lifestyle program include:
- Decrease in waist circumference
- Less joint or muscle pain
- Decrease in blood pressure
- Improved blood glucose levels
- Improved cholesterol and triglycerides
- Your doctor recommending reducing or stopping some of your medications
(REMEMBER – always discuss any changes to your medication with your doctor before making changes)
- Increased energy
- Improvements in personal body image and sense of wellbeing
- Decreased snoring